Popular Posts

Saturday, January 21, 2012

A New Home


Sorry to you all for not blogging recently. I actually forgot my user name and password and couldn't get back on my blog. That's how challenged I am in the computer world.
I promised in my last blog how we came to find our new home. After we put our kids in public school and moved into our hotel, the search for a house commenced. Of course, my plan was to purchase a new home in 2 weeks and move in 4 weeks later. NOT! We ended up living in our hotel for 10 weeks before moving. Everyday I would drop my kids off at school and swoon over the moms coming out of this amazing housing community walking their kids and dogs to school. Holding their coffee in one hand and a leash in the other, all the moms would walk out of their community, across the street and into the school with their children in tow. Oh, how I longed to be a part of it. I wanted more than anything to join the procession with my kids trailing behind (or storming ahead). So there was one home in that neighborhood for sale. We loved it. It was everything we hoped for in a house. The problem was that our home in San Jose had not sold yet. I just held my breath as the days passed by dreaming of having my neighbor over for coffee and my kids playing on the community playground, laughing together as they all played fair and let others go first. But, sadly, this was not to be! The day our home sold in CA the dream house sold. You would think tears of defeat would fall from my hopeless eyes. But alas! I really felt total peace! I knew God did not want me living there. Yes, I was disappointed, but I felt that this was right. We continued on our search, with a renewed faith that God had a house for us. My husband found a home online that was in the country, but only 2 miles from the schools. It had one and half acres and was perfect for our family. We raced to look at it, but I was a bit worried that my teenagers would not go for it. After all the kids saw it multiple times, we were all in agreement that this was our house. Of course, the story does not end there. They were asking a lot more than we wanted to spend. So we prayed and asked the Lord that if this house was anointed by Him, we would meet the owner of the house. So we asked our ever patient realtor to show us the house one more time. Every time I looked at it, I loved it more. We left and were talking to our realtor in the driveway and the owner of the house walked up and asked if we had any questions. We couldn't believe it! Prayer answered! They also came down on their price and we ended up getting an unbelievable interest rate. With all of these answers to prayer, we were confirmed that this was God's home for us! We have been here a few months and I can't tell you how beautiful, peaceful and restful this home is for our family. We have seen a fox, coyote and many eagles. There are no light posts so at night we can see the stars. And the neighborhood I was dreaming about? I have met many of the moms and every one of them tell me that they wish they lived where I did. That it is too crowded in their community and they feel like they are in a fish bowl. Well, how do you like that! God knew where we were supposed to live! Amazing!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you. :) I remember being able to see stars, but not just the big ones, being able to see all the little stars far away, being able to truly see God's handiwork is just glorious. I'm excited for what's next. :)
    Darian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darian! I miss you just "dropping by" our house and hanging out! May God bless you in every way!

      Delete