Popular Posts

Monday, January 30, 2012

Tickets

I was really lonely today. I miss CA, my friends, my church and our school. I know that God called us here, but sometimes I feel so out of place. I was in a kind of funk today as I teared up throughout the day at the beautiful memories of the past. But tonight I received tickets. Not just any tickets. They specifically had MY name on them..."MOM". The invitation came on Dave's old business cards from CA and I was told by my 6yo son, Caleb, that I was cordially invited to a dance recital. It turns out that the whole family was invited and all had their tickets in hand. We traveled about 10 yards down our stairs and into our basement where there were seats all set out for the audience. My son ,the star of the show, was dressed in "cool" jeans, a blue shirt with a button down shirt over it. Our eldest son, Nathan, was asked to provide the necessary music for this extravaganza! All were seated and anticipated the show.
When the music started with it's upbeat tune, my son began to "dance". Now it was not ballet or tap dancing. It was kind of like break dancing with a little robot in there for effect. Then came the hand stands and twirling, which amazed and dazzled the crowd. All were laughing and cheering and enjoying the show. After the entertainment ended, we all left the performance having a smile on our faces and joy in our hearts.
And I thought to myself....this is why we are here in Colorado! We were all so busy in CA with ministry, friends, school, life. Here it is different. All we have is each other. At least for a while. I know my teenagers will find a bazillion friends and God will have a ministry for me and my hubby. But for this specific season, it is about just our family. About having dinner together, going on day trips, working in the yard, wrestling (the whole family got in on that one), and yes, even gazing at a 6 year old boy who for a few moments had the hearts of those watching him.
I am amazed at how God knows exactly what we need when we need it. How many times do I question Him and doubt His intentions toward me. Today I was wrestling with God and wondering why the heck He sent me here. But tonight I learned from my 6yo son to enjoy what God has given. It may not last. It may be that God is teaching me to just stop wrestling and start resting in His love for me and my family. The difference between my anxious, lonely heart this morning and my love filled heart tonight? JOY!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That is great. I remember when we first moved to CA, it was such an adjustment. Hang in there, things will get better. I'm glad you're enjoying this season, tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy do I miss you guys. Your son is awesome. What great entertainment.

    ReplyDelete