Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

One Year in Colorado


It has been exactly one year since we moved and what a year!

Here are my top 10 reasons why we love it here! 
1.  The sky is big here so the beautiful sunsets and sunrises are that much more beautiful.
2.  Every weekend I see hot air balloons and sky divers from my back porch. 
3.  I never knew how much of a country girl I am…the peace, quiet and beauty takes my breath away daily. 4.  I didn’t realize how much our family needed to heal and draw closer together.  This is happening here and it is changing our lives. 
5.  Being out of a place where I had a reputation and was well known has brought me to my knees.  I have realized that I am nothing and anything I am is because of God.  I am so thankful for this gift.
6.Being surrounded by horses, cows, raccoons, fox, skunks, toads, coyotes, snakes and every kind of bird is a constant reminder of God’s creation. 
7. We live in a non- nanny state.  We can talk on our cell phones in the car, we don’t have to wear helmets on motorcycles, we get to have bags when we shop. 
8.There are 12 million people in the Bay Area.  There are 5 million people in all of Colorado.  We are loving all the space to explore, hike and camp. 
9.We are part of a church that supports foster/ adoption and is a powerful presence in Boulder County finding homes for kids in need. 
10.We have loved having visitors.  It is so fun to share our new home and lives with friends from California.  Please visit us!

1 comment: